Published on May 2nd, 2019 | by Rigworks0
Experienced Rigger Wanted!
Seeking Experienced Sailboat Rigger
RIGWORKS is a busy full service sailboat rigging shop in San Diego. We take pride in our exceptional workmanship, service and employee product knowledge. RIGWORKS has been supporting committed sailors and cruisers worldwide for twenty-seven years. We offer a long list of services pertaining to sailboat systems from the deck up. We also have an extensive store front with an unmatched combination of hardware selection and product knowledge. See our website at www.rigworks.com for full list of rigging services offered.
We are seeking an experienced rigger to become a valuable long-term asset to our team. If you are passionate about sailing, and meet the qualifications listed below, then this is the perfect position for you!
- Troubleshoot, repair and install sailboat rigging and hardware in the field
- Fabricate standing rigging packages, both wire and rod, to exact specifications
- Measure, cut, splice and install running rigging on both cruising and high-performance sailboats
- Identify and order appropriate deck and mast hardware from our wide vendor network
- Service winches, furlers, and a variety of complex sailing systems
- Work confidently at the top of a mast
- Serve customers in the shop, in the field, and by phone
- Maintain shop tools and equipment
- Experience working on sailboats, a strong knowledge of sailing systems, and a passion to learn more to become an integral asset to our team
- Ability to earn new tasks quickly, take initiative and have a trainable personality
- Interact with employees, vendors, and customers in a courteous and professional manner by phone and in person
- Juggle multiple projects with accuracy and organization
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and strong written communication skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Self-Motivated and reliable with great work ethic
- Clean driving record
- Must be looking for a long-term position within the company
- High school diploma required
Wages depend on skills and experience. Rigworks is a great working environment that has a benefit plan unmatched in this industry, including medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation and holidays, and fantastic employee discounts. Rigworks is family-owned, family-friendly, and has a casual dress code and environment.
If you are interested, please email a resume to email@example.com or drop off a resume to us Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm for consideration. Please do not call our office in regards to this position as we are a busy shop.
Interviews will be scheduled via call back from our office.
We look forward to hearing from you. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.